All products include:
- FREE Expert Advice, just call (09) 426 7873
- Heavily discounted freight rates, saving you $$$
- 12 months warranty, unless otherwise specified
HIGH-PERFORMANCE RACE SHAPES DESIGNED BY WORLD-CLASS ATHLETES
Tail Width: 14.9"
Rider Weight: 60-95 kg
Fin: Natural Winner
Weight: 12.1 kg
From progressive level riders to elite racers. The All Star is the world’s most successful, user-friendly and versatile race design. The updated bottom shape is more stable when switching between strokes, allowing you to maintain a smooth and balanced glide without disrupting the speed. Starboard’s 2019 race range is faster and again more stable, breaking new boundaries in our sport.
OPTIMIZED NOSE VOLUME
– Provides greater float and lift in flat water, allowing for faster acceleration.
– The added volume gives greater buoyancy and lift upwind and prevents nose diving when paddling downwind.
– The pop and release allow the rider to maintain glide with a steady cadence.
Refined V allows for faster entry onto downwind bumps and added kick reduces nose diving.
– Creates a flatter center rocker for extended glide & propels the water from nose to tail creating lift and speed.
– Narrower and straighter channel improves tracking and delivers a smoother glide.
FLAT SIDE PLANE
– Creates smoother glide and adds stability.
– Feel more controlled and less twitchy when switching between strokes.
– The planning surface is reduced by nearly 20%, increasing the glide and overall speed.
CHAMFERED RAIL EDGE
provides secondary stability to restrict the board from rolling.
BOXY STRAIGHT RAILS
with more vertical apex optimizes the full outline width of the board for greater stability and reduces rolling.
– Prevents water wrapping into the standing area adding excess weight and drag, improves stability in side chop and allows to turn the board when leaning on the rail.
– Fuller rail directly in front of the standing area provides more pop and stability both upwind and in side chop.
on selected models replaces the volume lost from the tail outline to create lift and added push onto bumps downwind.
– Creates a smooth release & faster glide with less turbulence making it harder for others to draft.
– More tail rocker in the side planes makes it easier to lift the nose in downwind.
– Easier to slide the tail over the water with less effort for buoy turning.
NARROWER TAIL OUTLINE
– Faster acceleration and overall glide per stroke due to less surface area & drag from the tail.
– Upwind the narrower tail helps the board flow naturally with bumps, helping to lift the nose over swell and glide into bumps creating a similar sensation to the Ace board.
– Downwind the narrower tail makes it more reactive to turn direction and maneuver between bumps.
– Easier to sink the lower volume tail to lift the nose for fast snappy buoy turning.
EXTENDED STANDING AREA
increases your paddle reach and provides better control over the board. (14’0” models only)
MULTIPLE HANDLE POSITIONS
Customise the handle placement for beach starts. Additional handle mounts on the tail for smaller sizes allowing for better grip when paddling in and out of the surf. Only 24.5” and below for 12’6” and 14’0”.
DIAMOND GROOVED TAIL PAD
for added traction & control when buoy turning and wave riding.
FIN SET UP
A longer center fin like the Race Ultra will provide greater stability and tracking in flat water, while a smaller fin like the Natural Winner will deliver more downwind maneuverability.
AVAILABLE IN 2 CONSTRUCTIONS
– Lightest weight, Extra durability, Flex control
– Super light-weight biaxial carbon is laminated over the entire hull for the lightest weight, best strength ratio and most efficient flex.
– The mid-section of the board has stiffer UD carbon side stringers to maintain the rocker in the critical area, thus optimizing glide.
HYBRID CARBON TECHNOLOGY
– Great Strength, Value offering
– The full outside wrap of plain weave 1 0g military grade S Glass gives great impact resistance for its weight and also provides a good Flex Pattern.
– The standing area is reinforced with 2 wide strips of 0.6mm thick Australian Pine to prevent heel marks over time.
2019 RACE BOARD TEASER